BIA Burial Assistance
1. One-time cash assistance (currently up to $2,500 through BIA funding paid directly to the funeral home) that helps families meet expenses incurred by the death of a Tribal member.
2. Burial assistance can help with the cost of the casket and basic funeral service fee. Food costs can also be included (up to $400 of the $2,500 total).
3. If death is directly related to coronavirus (COVID-19) then an additional $1,000 can be provided through April 30, 2021.
Documents Needed to Apply:
· Application for Social Services Assistance
· Copy of Tribal ID or Certificate of Indian Blood
· Copy of death certificate
· Proof of application for alternate resources (such as social security, pre-paid funeral plans, life insurance, etc.)
Name: Patrick Charles Title: Adult Services Specialist e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 435-586-1112 Address: 440 N. Paiute Drive, Cedar City, UT 84721