From the Washington County Water Conservancy District Newsletter:
“Show you care by using water wisely this month.
We live in one of the driest and fastest-growing areas of the state and have a limited water supply. But, thanks to you, our community members, we are making every drop count. Last year, we saved more than 400 million gallons of water despite a 5% increase in population… that’s love! Let’s save even more in 2022!
Following are some easy ways to save:
- Follow the seasonal watering schedule
- Don’t irrigate on rainy or windy days
- Limit grass to functional areas
- Use water-efficient plants
- Replace or repair leaking irrigation equipment
- Turn off the tap while brushing teeth or shaving
- Shorten showers
- Take showers instead of baths
- Fix indoor leaks like running toilets
- Use a plugged sink when hand washing dishes
Visit wcwcd.org to learn more.”