ARTICLE IX – DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section 1. The Tribal Chairperson:
- Shall be the primary representative of the tribe;
- Shall call and preside over meetings of the tribal council;
- Shall sign all negotiable instrument, contracts, applications for Federal or other funds, as authorized by the tribal council;
- Shall have the right to vote only in the case of a tie, shall be counted for the purposes of forming a quorum, and shall have the right to debate;
- Shall make written and oral reports at all tribal council meetings of all of his or her activities;
- Shall not obligate the tribe in any manner without the prior written authorization of the tribal council; and
- Shall have such other duties, powers and restrictions as designated by the tribal council.
Section 2. The Tribal Vice-Chairperson:
- Shall assist the chairperson;
- Shall, in the absence of the chairperson at council meetings, assume the duties and powers of the chairperson. Absence as used in this section shall mean absence only from a council meeting. The chairperson shall not be absent solely because he or she is not present at the tribal office.
Section 3. The Tribal Secretary:
- Shall preserve all ordinances, resolutions, and minutes of the tribal council and make the same available to all tribal members during regular business hours.
Section 4. The Tribal Treasurer:
- Shall be responsible for the funds of the tribe;
- Shall accept, receive, receipt for, preserve, and safeguard all funds for which the tribal council is acting as trustee or custodian;
- Shall deposit all tribal funds in a bank account or elsewhere, as directed by the tribal council;
- Shall report all receipts and expenditures and accounts, and the nature of all funds in his or her custody once every six (6) months to the tribal council in writing, or at any time requested to do so by the tribal council; and
- Shall be bonded as required by law or by the tribal council;
- With respect to (b) through (d) above, the treasurer may delegate said duties upon approval by the tribal council.